Job Title: Sustainability Engineer
Reports To: Senior Manager, Sustainable Waste Solutions
Group/Division: Repligen Corporate
Position Location: Waltham, MA or Rancho Dominguez, CA
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, this is your opportunity to join Repligen and be part of a small but growing team that bridges Global Operations with our corporate sustainability strategy. The Sustainability Engineer role is tasked with supporting business process development efforts focused on company-wide recycling opportunities and initiatives that drive reductions to our global carbon footprint and help us transition to a decarbonized, circular economy model.
Our team is globally-focused and looks at the full spectrum of waste streams from chemicals and wastewater, through plastics and hazardous materials, to e-waste, packaging materials and beyond. We work with Repligen’s internal cohort of sustainability site ambassadors, established waste service providers and emerging technology companies while complying with all pertinent international regulations and directives. This position is based in Waltham, MA or Rancho Dominguez, CA and reports to the Senior Manager of Sustainable Waste Solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Help assess the existing environmental impacts of our 15 global production facilities and collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify carbon footprint reduction opportunities
- Support preparation of business cases for key sustainability initiatives and capital expenditures
- Support the development, engineering, implementation, and monitoring of capital projects to help meet corporate and site-specific sustainability goals, including landfill-free efforts
- Track and report on progress against evolving sustainability targets using SASB and GRI reporting frameworks to support business strategies
- Partner with Engineering, Facilities, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, Commercial and other functional groups to incorporate sustainable practices across global sites