Reporting to our Site Procurement & Sourcing Director, we are seeking an accomplished, driven individual whose knowledge and skills will help us take our Procurement & Sourcing team to the next level. This position is responsible for $45M+ direct material spend, all activities in support of sourcing, procurement and raw material inventory management at our rancho manufacturing site. Within our diverse and vertically integrated manufacturing footprint, you will support the development of strategies, processes, and talent to ensure the robustness of sourced materials and their timely procurement while fostering supplier partnerships that result in win-win total landed cost improvements.
Along with the Site Procurement & Sourcing Director, responsible for supporting and driving collaboration with internal stakeholders, including finance, supply chain, manufacturing R&D, quality, warehousing, and product management, as well as external vendors to optimize value, savings, and cost avoidance.
· Supports the site procurement lifecycle (direct materials) from stakeholder requirement definition, sourcing, competitive bidding, executing contracts and finalizing with adequate purchase order placement.
· Champion a three-year pipeline of direct material savings and value plans in alignment with business and or site strategies that delivers sustainable procurement value and or productivity. Generates and leads cost management efforts with suppliers, driving cost savings and other value-added activities across the supply base.
· Raw Material Inventory management: Manages and optimizes raw material inventory quantities to drive inventory turns and reduce excess, slow moving and damaged raw material stock while ensuring site demand/forecast needs are met.
· Negotiate agreements with site strategic suppliers to promote guaranteed cost reductions through productivity improvements and reducing non-value elements in the supply chain
· Responsible for the development of site processes to organize and analyze spend data. Determine opportunities and priorities to leverage growth and volumes across all product segments and implement site/global contracts where appropriate.
· Ensures site effective negotiations, execution, and adherence to supplier agreements.
· Build the daily discipline of the site MRP-driven procurement throughout the team including regular updates to procurement – vendor related data (lead-times, EOQ, pricing etc.).
· Management of the daily Procurement team activities; ensure SAP order queue is appropriately balanced.
· Manages direct reports including coaching and mentoring employees in the performance of daily duties, establishes performance standards, and provides support to ensure job results meet expectations,
· Consistently works with teams on continuous improvement opportunities to reduce site transactional aspects of procurement and supplier management
· Along with Site Buyers, builds and maintains multi-year support roadmaps for all key suppliers
· Serve as a thought partner and actively challenge work to deploy the most comprehensive and creative solutions; remove barriers for team to ensure its ability to execute.
· Participates in the planning and forecasting process to establish standard costs and provide explanations for price variances (PPV) at site level.
· With the Director Procurement and Sourcing at the site, assist in the development of a strategic sourcing and procurement training program which documents best practices in strategic sourcing, procurement, negotiations and contracting
Manages and participates in leading cross-functional projects and initiatives designed to deliver step changes in the overall effectiveness and efficiencies of the procurement organization.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
· B.S.degree or equivalent experience; degree in supply chain management/operations a plus.
· 10+ years business experience
· Excellent partnering and negotiation skills
· Understanding of the true total cost of ownership impact of decisions and ability to build clear business cases to support the collective efforts required to achieve sourcing savings
· Ability to coach and mentor diverse team members to understand risks and opportunities within daily tasks
· Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and collaboration skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to set context, simplify complex concepts, and drive diverse teams to decision and action.
· Ability to demonstrate effective prioritization skills in a fast-paced, team environment under time constraints.
· Ability to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with cross functional teams and drive appropriate actions.
Your success will be measured by:
· Ability to partner with suppliers in a variety of ways that secure our supply and deepens competitive advantages
· Ability to demonstrate YOY cost savings
· Establishment of processes, systems, analytics, and culture that standardize and failsafe the sustained execution of best-in-class sourcing and procurement
· Contribution to production efficiency and on time delivery through successful vendor management
· Timely execution of returns, dispositions, and other inventory health activities
· Great 360-degree communication
· Accountability for results and respectful/open expression of ideas and viewpoints.
· Never satisfied with the status quo.
· Team-oriented mindset.